- La Grande Bastide, covering an area of almost 10 acres, is completely secured and has a automatic gate with access code.
- The entrance road is smooth and lined with beautiful plants and trees. A private parking is available, with plenty of shaded space reserved exclusively for our guests.
- The pool (6 m x 12 m,approximately 20 ft by 40 ft) is equipped with a rolling shuttle, conforming to the French security regulations. Enjoying a magnifique view on the collins of Colorado and the provencal landscape, it is so much appreciated by our guests.
locations, maison, Provence, Rustrel, villa, appartement, Colorado Provençal, vacances, Vaucluse, Luberon, Provence Alpes, APT, montagnes, Avignon, charmant, Marché Provençal, Parc national, authentique, tourisme, estivales, 17ème siècle, gîtes, piscine, Gordes, location de vacances, Colorado Luberon, Colorado de Rustrel, Colorado Provençal Rustrel, far west, ocres, randonner, Roussillon, Sud de France,
- Lavender in blossom, perfumed roses, olive trees, aromatic plants of La Provence, a wood with oak and pine trees aged of several centuries... A peaceful place for a very relaxing, pleasant holiday.
- Not far from the estate (about 1.2 miles) is the well-known Colorado Provençal. Those who like walking will enjpoy the beauty of the country roads typical of the Provence region.
- The very-appreciated Colorado Adventure (junior and adult levels) is withing walking distance and will be an unforgettable experience for both adults and children.
- Our region is legendary for attracting amateurs of cycling. It is possible to rent bicycles at Apt (reasonable prices and excellent services). Those who wish to bring their own bikes will have the peace of mind to leave them in a secured places at our property.
- Star-watching makes a beautiful summer evening, especially for children. Enjoying a most clear sky, our region has a great astronomic observatory: L'Observatory Sirene is situated 9 miles away from La Grande Bastide, in Lagarde d'Apt.
It is open all year long.
- La Grande Bastide is about 1 km or 0.6 miles from the village of Rustrel. In this village there are a couple of pleasant bar/restaurants, a nice grocery, a post-office, serveral small shops, and most of all, a very good bakery. Bread and croissants are made in tradition oven, and are very appreciated.
- For important shopping, we generally go to Apt (8 km or about 5 miles), where you will find both shops for local products and major supermarkets like Intermarché and Leclerc.
- Every Saturday morning, the famous open-air market of Apt attracts visitors from all over the region. It is worth your effort of getting up early so as to find a parking place. Tuesday mroning, another open-air market, the Peasant's market, is also very interesting.
- There are many summer festivals in Rustrel and its surrounding area like Apt, Gordes, Saint Saturnin, Ménèrbes, Avignon, Aix-en-Provence, Arles, Isle-sur-la-Sorgue, Roussillon. Marseille, the closest coastal city, is at 90km, and the French Riviera a two-three hour drive.
( Click on the photos below to see them in larger format )